Purpose and objective of the role
Alex Begg are well advanced with a project to replace their existing ERP system. The requirements were specified, invitation to tender issued, and vendor submissions assessed. We are at contract finalisation stage with the preferred bidder, but need a dedicated resource to manage the remaining phases of the project.
We seek a temporary resource to finalise the specification in conjunction with key users, assess connectivity to other applications, then plan and manage migration.
This is likely to be a 12-18 month contract.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Review and understand business needs, existing & planned systems, and proposed specification.
· Consult with key users to ensure that their needs are addressed in proposed new system.
· Lead project to identify, research & procure add-on applications & integrations: Accounting, HR, MES, eCommerce, Business Analytics, etc.
· Liaise with vendors to ensure specifications understood & modifications managed.
· Assist with recruitment and management of other project resource. This is envisaged to comprise a Data Conversion/Migration Specialist and a Production Engineering Specialist.
· Direct project for data structure transformation & data migration.
· Create, lead and manage implementation and transition programme.
· Manage testing and change management programme.
· Manage migration & cutover.
· Manage user training pre and post implementation.
· Work with users to maximise gains.
· Likely to be degree-educated with a major in a relevant area.
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Strong knowledge & experience of ERP systems, particularly within manufacturing environment
· Good commercial skills, able to recognise business risks and mitigate them, and to recognise costs and benefits.
· Have led or been key in other ERP implementations.
· Strong project management skills
Personal Attributes (Essential)
· Is Quality focused; showing attention to detail, organisation, and a drive to get things right the first time. Understands our customers and strives to meet their expectations.
· Shows a Passion for the company and the products, demonstrating enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Embraces change, shows initiative, and continuously looks to make improvements.
· Demonstrates Integrity in all work; taking personal responsibility and showing reliability. Has respect for others and embraces the principles of Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety.
· Shows Craftsmanship in all activities, working competently and professionally. Strives for personal excellence with a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
· Cooperatively Works Together with others, building strong working relationships through effectively listening and communicating.
Management Skills (Essential)
· Manages Self effectively showing good self-awareness, resilience and taking ownership for areas of responsibility. Leads by example, communicating effectively and showing humility and courage.
· Positively Influences Others by empowering, inspiring, and motivating them to achieve more. Shows strength in leading a team, listening, and valuing opinions of other and working to develop their skills and performance.
· Leads the business with a drive for high standards and continuous improvement. Plans and organises effectively and delivers upon commitments.
Contract length: 12-18 months
Closing date: 17 Sep 2021.