Based in Ayr which is a comfortable commute from Glasgow.
Partial remote working available.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg X Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
About The Role
This as a fixed term appointment of 18 months to provide support and lead the Finance Team while the Finance Director devotes a large part of his time to the selection, design & implementation of a new ERP and Financial Accounting system.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Management and support of the day to day activities of the Finance Team.
- Oversee and contribute to periodic financial reporting.
- Manage the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Adapt the reporting systems to provide separate trading statements for the main revenue streams.
- Contribute to the selection & implementation of new ERP and accounting systems.
- Manage project to review, re-design & implement standard cost system.
- Provide commercial support to operational and sales teams as required.
- Development of sustainability reporting, internally & externally.
- Work with the Credit Controller to manage the balance between credit risk and sales growth.
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as required.
This role will suit someone who:
- Is Quality focused; showing attention to detail, organisation and a drive to get things right the first time. Understands our customers and strives to meet their expectations.
- Shows a Passion for the company and the products, demonstrating enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Embraces change, shows initiative and continuously looks to make improvements.
- Demonstrates Integrity in all work; taking personal responsibility and showing reliability. Has respect for others and embraces the principles of Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety.
- Shows Craftsmanship in all activities, working competently and professionally. Strives for personal excellence with a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
- Cooperatively Works Together with others, building strong working relationships through effectively listening and communicating.
Management Skills (Essential):
- Manages Self effectively showing good self-awareness, resilience and taking ownership for areas of responsibility. Leads by example, communicating effectively and showing humility and courage.
- Positively Influences Others by empowering, inspiring and motivating them to achieve more. Shows strength in leading a team, listening and valuing opinions of others and working to develop their skills and performance.
- Leads the business with a drive for high standards and continuous improvement. Plans and organises effectively and delivers upon commitments.
- Qualified accountant
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate to:
Closing Date: 19 March 2021*
*Please apply at your first opportunity as we may close the vacancy early due to high numbers of applicants. For the same reason, we are only able to respond to candidates being invited for interview**
Closing date: 19 Mar 2021.