Moorbrook Textiles Ltd is a Scottish-based manufacturer of premium woven accessories. Operating under the brand names of Begg x Co and Alex Begg we have a progressive manufacturing plant in Ayr.
Manufacturing premium accessories such as scarves, stoles and throws woven from the finest luxury fibres including cashmere, silk, and merino wool we sell via the Alex Begg name to some of the highest profile global premium brands. Over the last few years, we have also developed our own Begg x Co brand, with ambitious plans for further growth.
In late 2020 the Company purchased the trade & assets of a knitwear manufacturer in Hawick, to expand our product offering.
Moorbrook Textiles annual turnover grew from £8m to £18m from 2015 to 2019 and experienced a little reduction in turnover through the pandemic. However, it is forecast to grow another 50% over the next 3 years. The Company employs 165 people and exports around 85% of its products worldwide. The ultimate holding company is Lindengruppen based in Sweden who have invested heavily in the business in recent years, both in terms of people and infrastructure, to support the ongoing growth strategy.
We are excited to be recruiting a Project Accountant to join the Finance Team on a fixed term contract. This is a new role and has been created to support the company’s investment in new accounting and ERP systems over the next 18 months to support the company’s growth strategy. The ERP system is textile industry specific and so a new accounting system requires to be sourced and configured to facilitate the planned extension of the scope of operations of the Company. It will also deliver efficiencies within financial processes through more advanced technology. This role will lead the selection, specification & implementation of the new financial system and provide ad hoc support to the current finance team as required.
This represents a great opportunity for the right candidate who will work with a variety of senior stakeholders in the business, and to help transform the accounting function.
This position is key to improving the operational efficiency of the finance function. The major focus will be on the new system implementation but will also work on a number of other improvement projects. The tasks include:
- Project manage the selection of the new accounting system
- Work alongside the current finance team to specify the accounting requirements of the new system
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure system is set up in accordance with agreed requirements
- Testing of system
- Ensure new accounting processes are documented
- Support other projects and other aspects of financial reporting as required
Incorporating a blend of project management and accounting knowledge, the role demands a flexible and accomplished individual with strong people skills and ability to manage multiple tasks. Experience in system implementations is essential and exposure to a manufacturing environment would be advantageous. The successful candidate will either have a recognised accounting qualification or be a significantly experienced QBE (qualified by experience).
An in depth understanding of business and accounting processes plus a good attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to communicate and operate effectively at all levels of the business. A summary of the key characteristics is as follows:
- Experience in finance system implementation preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to drive change of processes within an organisation
- Proven technical ability in accounting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise appropriately
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, particularly communications
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
Closing date: 23 Jul 2021.