Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Knotter to join our experienced weaving team. You will be responsible for preparing the warp ready for the knotting machine – by straightening and brushing out the yarn. You will also prepare the Knotting machine frame to the right size and clamp on to the yarn, programming the knotting machine and setting the speed.
The role will be a mixture of day and night shift, although other shifts may be required, particularly during training. Allowances will be paid to reflect certain shift patterns.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assessing the job requirements and communication with the warpers and other colleagues.
- Moving beams to the looms using a manual or electronic machine.
- Watching the machine as it progresses through the job, looking out for breakages, or multiple ends and fixing these manually.
- Working with different yarn compositions, understanding the handling and tension that each requires to successfully knot the job on.
- Checking the patterns to ensure that they line up.
- Ensuring that the beams are knotted on to the 24 looms and 3 warp machines, with the minimum amount of down/waiting time.
- Cross-skill within the weaving department and within other departments where required.
- Take part in SMED activities as relevant.
- Support safe working environments and practices for self and others.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Hand to eye coordination
- Eye for detail
- Manual dexterity
- Basic mathematical ability
- Basic computer skills as you will use an iPad
- Experience of working in a team
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Bonus Scheme
- Relocation package may also be offered if applicable.
We care about our employees at Alex Begg; we pride ourselves on our culture where we treat each other with dignity and respect and our employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
If you like the sound of working with us then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022.