Lead Quality Inspector
We are seeking to appoint a Lead Quality Inspector to execute quality excellence inspection in production including spot checks, AQL and 100% inspection against specifications and internal quality standards to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading quality excellence inspection on the factory floor.
- AQL inspection. Escalating any faults found to responsible Team Leads and where required the support of Technical Leads.
- Carry out rolling quality spot checks on Post Finishing & Warehouse activity, measuring against specifications.
- 100% inspection of all new product development (NPD), V2, new product inspection (NPI) units with feedback entered onto tech packs.
- 100% inspection and preparation of Masters, recording sizes and data found.
- Gauge R&R inspection against customer specification to understand if production can meet repeatably and spec is fit for purpose.
- Operate Greasy, First & Final Inspection operations, which will allow AQL of piece goods.
- Determine NCP, Repair or perfect quality. Update swing ticket & ERP system where required.
- Train new Inspection team members to inspect against our Quality Excellence standards in an efficient manner.
- Continually advise Inspection team on questions/concerns as they arise.
- Correct faults found, for example and not limited to, fringe trimming, specking, side trimming, fixing bruises, clean mending, cleaning.
You should be highly motivated, have excellent attention to detail. Experience of working in the textile industry and/or experience of working with fabric would be beneficial, although not essential. Full training will be provided.
You may be required to work to a shift pattern - Early, back and night shift.
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 11th June 2021.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2021.