We are seeking to appoint a Manufacturing Operative to work within our established Production Team. You will work safely and efficiently operating a variety of machinery in the creation of top quality, luxury garments against customer specifications.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
In this role you will work as part of the team to ensure that work is being processed in accordance with production priorities and to deliver daily targets.
This will include:
- Using reports to ensure the correct workflow according to required dates.
- Using ERP system to book operation time where appropriate.
- Updating department communication boards as key driver on targets, highlighting detractors where appropriate.
- Using Lean methodologies to work efficiently within department.
- Monitoring the quality of the product. Reporting and logging any faults.
- Weekly maintenance of machinery in line with Machine Maintenance Plan, including cleaning, conducting routine repairs, and reporting any major faults as required.
- Working to support safe working environments and operate machinery in a safe manner and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), risk assessments and health & safety guidelines.
- Ensuring safe working & storage practises of chemicals following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) risk assessments.
- Support and input to improvement projects throughout department using Continuous Improvement (CI).
You should be highly motivated, have excellent attention to detail. Experience of working in the textile industry and/or experience of working with fabric would be beneficial, although not essential. Full training will be provided.
You may be required to work to a shift pattern - Early, back and night shift.
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter by 07/07/2021.
Closing date: 7 Jul 2021.