Post Finishing (Inspection) Team Member
We are seeking to appoint a Post Finishing Team Member on a Temporary basis to work within our established Production Team.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
You will be responsible for hand finishing products in accordance with customer requirements and providing final quality assurance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the First Inspection/specking on specific products (Mallary).
- Hand Finishing/Post Finishing of pieces:
- Receiving the full piece, measuring, cutting, and slitting by hand to create individual units.
- Create 4 side Eyelash Fringe on each unit, by measuring out appropriate length and removing the appropriate number of threads from each side.
- Conducting quality assurance on each for each unit: checking for colour & size and faults – holes, stains, bruising, pilling etc… Marking each damages unit and assessing whether it can be repaired.
- Chemically clean scarves as required.
- Fold each scarf in accordance with customer requirements and pack into boxes.
- Record each piece and damages on AX.
- Sending finished items to external embroider.
- Conduct general housekeeping, keeping areas clean & tidy.
Work to support safe working environments and practices for self and others. You should be highly motivated and have excellent attention to detail. Experience of working in the textile industry and/or experience of working with fabric would be beneficial, although not essential. Full training will be provided.
- Attention to detail
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter by 20/10/2021.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021.