Quality Control Inspector
We are seeking to appoint a Quality Control Inspector to lead and execute quality excellence inspection in production including spot checks, AQL and 100% inspection against specifications and internal quality standards to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading quality excellence inspection on the factory floor.
- Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) inspection. Escalating any faults found to responsible Team Leads and where required the support of Technical Leads.
- Carry out quality spot checks on production processes, measuring against specifications.
- 100% inspection of all New Product Development (NPD), New Product Introduction (NPI) units with feedback entered onto supporting documentation.
- 100% inspection and preparation of product masters, recording sizes on supporting documents.
- Gauge R&R (repeatability & reproducibility) Inspection against customer specification.
- Support stakeholders in the creation of specifications for internal use using data collected at NPD, NPI stages.
- Determine non-conforming product or perfect quality. Update swing ticket & ERP system where required.
- Train new Inspection team members to inspect against our Quality Excellence standards in an efficient manner.
- Continually advise Inspection Team on questions/concerns as they arise.
- Ability to correct faults found on products.
Planning & Execution
- Ability to plan your priorities based on NPD reviews, customer shipments and Work in Progress (WIP) activities. Liaising with various stakeholders to support and develop the weekly plan.
- Execute the plan in the most efficient manner to meet planned reviews and achieve department & company On Time in Full (OTIF).
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives that drive positive behaviour.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures maximising effectiveness and efficiency.
- Attend sample meeting to update on progress.
- Communicate with NPD meeting organiser on your progress on required developments.
- Lead and support improvement projects throughout Inspection & Quality.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained in your area to maintain 5S scores.
- Use structured problem-solving methodologies for continual improvement.
- Use T Cardboard according to the procedure and continue to drive activity.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Quality Inspection
- Great attention to detail
- Highly analytical
- Ability to gather inspection data for all stakeholders from ERP system, Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th July 2021.
Closing date: 7 Jul 2021.