We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Manager to join Alex Begg.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg x Co brand as well as some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success. Alex Begg is wholly owned by Lindéngruppen, a Swedish second-generation family business focusing on sustainable long-term development of industrial companies.
Sustainability is foundational to all our work and so you will be involved with every part of the business. You will be the technical expert on sustainability issues and will represent the business with customers, suppliers, at group level and with our key partners in sustainability work. You will play an important part in the ongoing development of the sustainability strategy, co-ordinate work projects and ensure that measurement and reporting structures are in place. You will be responsible for the annual sustainability report.
This role will suit someone who:
- Is able to manage several varied projects simultaneously.
- Has good attention to detail, organisation, and a drive to make-a-difference.
- Shows a passion for the company and the products, demonstrating enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Embraces change, shows initiative, and continuously looks to make improvements.
- Shows craftsmanship in all activities, working competently and professionally.
- Strives for personal excellence with a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Qualifications in science, ideally with some environmental content.
- Good knowledge of the basics of sustainability in relation to textiles / fashion – the UN SDGs, climate change, waste, recycling, energy and water.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to create content and to present and communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand and manipulate data.
- Strong influencing and partnering skills.
Closing date: 23 Jul 2021.