Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg x Co brand as well as some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success. Alex Begg is wholly owned by Lindéngruppen, a Swedish second-generation family business focusing on sustainable long-term development of industrial companies.
Purpose and objective of the role
Operate the Embroidery machine to put embroider detail on to finished products.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive order sheet from manager.
- Match scarfs to the thread colour depending customer requirements.
- Line scarves up in frame to load into EMB Machine.
- Select correct frame size for task and set up on machine to specifications.
- Loading the machine with the items in exacting positions according to customer requirements.
- Retrieve designs from the memory stick on machine computer.
- Set the needles positions, loading spools and top threads and then start the machine for runs from 5 to 45 minutes.
- Trim the threads off each item and unload.
- Create designs for embroidered one-offs, for the shop or other customers, which will include using the PC to change setting, font, colour & size.
- Check outsourced embroidery work for quality.
- Make the bags up for specific customer.
- Assist the Warehouse Team during quiet periods.
Work to support safe working environments and practices for self and others.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working with EMB Programme Software
- Experience of working with a multiple head EMB machine
- Attention to detail
- IT Skills
Personal Attributes (Essential)
- Is Quality focused; showing attention to detail, organisation and a drive to get things right the first time. Understands our customers and strives to meet their expectations.
- Shows a Passion for the company and the products, demonstrating enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Embraces change, shows initiative and continuously looks to make improvements.
- Demonstrates Integrity in all work; taking personal responsibility and showing reliability. Has respect for others and embraces the principles of Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety.
- Shows Craftsmanship in all activities, working competently and professionally. Strives for personal excellence with a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
- Cooperatively Works Together with others, building strong working relationships through effectively listening and communicating.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit your CV and covering letter along with a statement detailing why you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: 3 Nov 2021.